Tuesday, December 9, 2008

funny baby, funny dog

Emily's new game is going into Grammy's room and getting on her treadmill, then trying to walk in place, with varying degrees of success. (while the treadmill is off, of course)

Peggy Dog's new game, apparently, is hide and seek. We were hanging out in the back yard, just picking up pinecones and sticking them in our mouths and stuff, pulling Gertrude's tail, you know....and I realized that Peggy wasn't around. I thought I could hear her barking though.

"Peggy!"

"Bark bark bark!"

"AAAAAAH!" says Emily.

"Peggy!"

"Bark bark bark!"

"AAAAAAH!"

and so on until I realized that Peggy was not going to come running in answer. That is unusual for her. Maybe she was trapped on the other side of the fence in our neighbor's backyard, somehow. That's what it sounded like. I ran into Grammy's bedroom to call Peggy from her bathroom window. Peggy answered from right outside the window. So I ran back outside, scooped Edie up and went to the front, to see if Peggy had gotten into the neighbor's yard. Their gate was locked, though, and when I peeked over the fence I could only see squirrels. That only left one place we hadn't actually checked, the narrow area between our back yard fence and the house on the side. We went back through the house and walked around the side of the house to check. No dog.

"Peggy!"

and in answer, she came bolting out of a square hole in the bottom of the house, pushing aside a loose screen and bouncing with excitement. She'd been under the house, and I would almost think she'd been trapped there if she didn't seem so excited when she got out. She tore around the yard a couple of times and ran up to me playfully - I've never seen her like that before. I think she had been playing a game with us. Hide and Seek dog.

No comments: