Monday, February 23, 2009

naaaaaaaaaap

My wee one has been fast asleep for a record-breaking length of time.

Two hours and forty minutes? Seriously!? This is a wonderful thing, except I don't know how to manage my time. Had I known there would be two hours and forty one minutes of uninterrupted time in my life today, I might have made a list. I may have planned. I would have folded the clothes immediately, knowing that Wee One would sleep through the opening and closing of drawers. I might have swept the floor. I would have straightened the living room.

then again, I might have done just what I did and watched Big Love, begun a new knitting project, reheated some leftover stirfry, and caught up on some of my favorite blogs.

And she is still sleeping!

The weirdest part is that she usually wakes up right when I notice that she's been asleep for a long time. I think, "hey, she's been asleep for a while..." and almost instantly her little voice answers me from the other room.

And yet?

silence.

No comments: