Friday, October 3, 2008

Good things.

Spending time at Jill and Paul's farm, chasing chickens, pulling weeds, eating dirt, finding all kinds of spiders and crickets, attending the farmer's market, walking the bay trail, petting Patches Kitty, drinking a wee bit of wine, visiting with Corbin and Erin and Adam, playing peek a boo with Auntie Jill and Uncle Paul, and eating the most delicious meals. Thank you guys!

Walking the weekly trail with Mom and her friend Mary, avoiding the squirrels and crows which lurk behind every tree, and running into an old friend, Liz, who invited us over for a visit next week. Before she recognized me, she said that Edie was leaning around me to wave at her. "Do I know this baby? I love this baby!"

Attending Robby's homecoming festivities. We went to the assembly and saw hundreds of people dressed in Orange! Green! Purple! and Yellow! and screamed and jumped (okay, Edie did. I just held her.) When I went into the hall looking for a place to change her diaper, the football coach unlocked the training room so I could change her on a massage table. I called it the muscle room because of the decorating scheme, posters of various kinds of hue man anatomy. We later followed the homecoming parade around downtown Edmonds (my brother plays the quads in the pep band, it's his senior year at EWHS) until I got bored and found a baby reeeeeetail store. They had affordable halloween costumes, and I got one. It's a surprise, which one. It was between the one I got and a shiny Lobster costume. A few hours later we were invited to our new friend Clementine's toddler Halloween party, in LA. Serendipity! We shall not weep in our fancy costumes, alone but for a pile of tootsie rolls, on the Saturday before All Hallow's Eve.

PS. Edie can crow like a rooster now. She is growing a tooth and she loves to practice biting things with it. Mostly parts of my body. Today I accidentally bit her finger, so now we're even. She's had fingers accidentally bitten by both Daddy and Mommy now.

4 comments:

Erin said...

yeah for good things. Good thing Edie didn't fall out of that sling too :-)

Jill said...

edie the rooster. that's fun. is that her halloween costume? i can't wait to see the pictures!! the lobster sounded pretty cool. :) hooray for fun fall times!

Maria said...

OMG....if you turned down a shiny lobster costume for whatever you ended up with...

I can't imagine the awesomeness that Edie will behold upon us this Halloween.

Kendal said...

well, it might not be quite as awesome as the lobster.

but the lobster costume is full of dangly parts that would have riled Edie into a fury.

A rooster! Now that would have been a great idea. Instead of trick-or-treating she could have gone a-crowing.