Friday, July 25, 2008

By the way...

Thank you to everyone who is reading this blog. Thank you for all the encouraging words and thoughts. It has meant a lot to me to stay connected in such a big noisy road-ragey place. Sometimes the stress is palpable, so I dive into the laptop screen to pick out what I want to from the chaos of the day, and while a simpler, quieter version of events unfolds, everything around me drops away and there is silence! Or, at least, the sound of waves constantly erasing and rewriting time and time again.

"Didn't you hear what I just said?"
"Uh....no. I'm working on the blog."

Thanks, Blog.

LA is both better and worse than I expected. Which is always to be expected, when expecting.

6 comments:

Kendal said...

Uh - not that I am "expecting" again. I meant it in the very literal sense of the word.

Vezlandia Day's Acceptance of Reality said...

Man, oh man. I was really glad to clarified.
You can hear the waves from your bungalow? Or are you guys living in one of those tin, surf shanties under a pier somewheres? Regardless, next to trains and boats, I really adore the sound of waves.
Speaking of which, I used to have one of those clock radios that had the different nature sounds on it. I never realized that nature was a 20 second loop that had an obvious start and end. Right when I'd get into the lulling waves, somebody would pick up the needle and scritch it back to the beginning of the album. And the second setting had seagulls. Really gigantic seagulls descending upon the beach to carry off small children and pets. I think they may have been seagullus vulturus. It wasn't soothing to say the least.
Anyway, "Hi!".

Kendal said...

oh no. we can hear the airplanes taking off and landing, and we can hear sirens, and our next door neighbor's high-pitched laughter, the way only a 15 year old girl and her friends can make, but the waves no. Only in my head. But when it gets quiet enough, they're there.

Jill said...

do you remember macheesemo mouse? good idea on the taco hangout oprah stalker thing. i think that will work for you. :) ha ha! happy FRIDAY!

Kendal said...

yeah, they had a wicked good cactus cooler!

Maria said...

Thank you for writing this blog. :)