Saturday, July 26, 2008

Where's Jinx?


He's not at home.
Hasn't been since some time yesterday afternoon.
I love him a lot.
I hope he comes home.

Gerty loves him too, she came with us down the street to look for him. Usually she stays put.
My friend Jen's missing cat came home while she was playing his favorite song on the piano.

I was cranking the little music box (La Vie En Rose) just now, Edie was rocking back and forth and there was a meow at the door. It was Siddhartha.

But maybe Jinx will recognize the song if we play it during the quiet part of night, like now. Kenneth put the little music box, which wasn't really a box at all, but a throat, a voice, just the mechanism with a handle for cranking, into a little wooden box that used to house tea. Blueberry Tea from Canada that Sarasvati gave us in a set. Now it plays La Vie En Rose and smells like blueberries.

Jinx, please come home. We need you to keep nuzzling the baby when she cries. We also need you to follow us, meowing pitifully, when we go for a walk. And Jinx, if you don't come home, who will find the tiniest, remotest hiding places to curl up in, only to look up, annoyed, when we find you? Seriously, kid, this is a tough neighborhood and you can't be out running the streets like this. Get your furry tail back here and I will even let you drink from the toilet, unlimitedly.

2 comments:

Maria said...

He's probably just scoping out the new hood, trying to figure out who the Alpha Cat is.

Vezlandia Day's Acceptance of Reality said...

Listen, Kens. I'm putting out a bulletin via my feline Prof. Bean. She has connections from here to Thailand in the Cat Underground. Before you know it, Jinx will show back up with a swagger and apology in his eyes. I'm sure he'd just researched the local catnip parlores and is out for a hoot.
Regardless, we here in Oregon are on the horn making things happen.

Best of luck, kids. Missing kitties are the saddest part of a move. Prof. Bean left me for a day when I moved to St. Johns and I scoured the streets, misty eyed and what-if'ing all over the place. Low and behold she came back. Sometimes, I think, as Maria said, they just need to figure out who's in charge of the place before getting too settled.

Hugs!