Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Today is Kenneth's birthday.

Last night we went to Alejo's Italian Restaurant and had spaghetti from heaven. Spaghetti Bolognese and Spaghetti Carbonara. Edie had a spoon. The bread came with garlic olive oil with a whole school of garlic swimming in it. I heaped it on so that I could breath fire. Edie had a spoon. She went through all four spoons on the table while we were there, each being retired as soon as it hit the God-only-knows-what floor, but she didn't cry like the waitstaff and the other diners obviously feared. I am pretty sure I heard an "oh, this oughta be interesting" from the table behind us as we walked in, and the service was phenomenally fast. One of the perks of parenthood is that your meal ticket always lands at the top of the pile.

1 comment:

Vezlandia Day's Acceptance of Reality said...

I've never missed a Kenneth birthday...ever! I can't believe it. I'm such a heal. A complete tool.
How do I say, "I'm sorry"? Oh, woe is me, the Kens.

Head bowed in shame, I ask forgiveness.

PS: Word up, Bizy-E. Spoonin' Italia style.