Thursday, September 4, 2008

Monster Baby

I was in the middle of upgrading my baby doll with the scary wall-eye into a suitably weird gift for Maria's graduation when I got pregnant. I made Wall-Eyed Dolly a pair of butterfly wings out of two coat hangers, some yarn and a silk shirt, painted her head to match the wings, painted her arms and legs an alarming shade of Frankenstein Green, and sewed a forest scene scrap of fabric to her torso. While I was working on her, my friend Tara named her Monster Baby.

Now I have a Monster Baby of my very own, except that both of her eyes point in the same direction.Another thing I want you to know is that my Monster Baby is a quick study. After so many pictures were taken of her with the flash on, she began averting her eyes whenever I pointed the camera at her. Which, of course, was so darn cute I just took more pictures of her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, the postcard: so freaking precious - no hint of the Monster Baby beneath. :) Thank you!

Erin said...

Yes, I keep forgetting to say thank you for the photo post card! She is pretty darn cute :-)