Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sing A Longing for St. John's...

oh man. my old neighborhood bookstore, St. John's Booksellers, just sent me an email advertising a SING-ALONG next Sunday. They are going to get together, brew some tea, and sing old folk songs out of a songbook. I don't even necessarily want to go, but the fact that it's there...in Portland. This is the same bookstore we went into to see Nena's chicks in a box, behind the counter. We had to ask to see them - special insider knowledge. Peeping babies for her backyard, as soon as they got old enough. Later she had ducklings. I love St. John's. It is such a special place. Portland is a special place, but St. John's is a really special place.





Here's how much I love it : the St. John's bridge is stuck to my leg, forever.

2 comments:

Vezlandia Day's Acceptance of Reality said...

Wow. That's phenomenal. I never saw that tattoo before. Holly would think the world of it, also. We both heart that bridge so.

Don't worry, it's still there as am I and the rest of us...waiting for your return. Has it at least been 6 months yet?

Hurry back, please?!

Kendal said...

I'm so relieved that you are all still there. I keep having the feeling that when we return nobody will accept us back because we'll smell like California. Like a mother bird rejecting her baby because it smells like humans. Don't touch me with those grubby hands, L.A.!