Monday, November 10, 2008

It's a good time for pep talks.

Thanks, Neil Gaiman.

I hate the novel so far. I don't even want to write novels! I thought I'd be writing fast and furious memoir stuff, about things that really happened, because you know that's what I know and they say to write what you know. Plus I am my favorite main character! My life is my favorite plot!

But I had trouble with the fast pace, trying to get every precious little detail of my precious little memories in line just right, so I had to make somebody up and make her go do stuff that I didn't do. The good news? I still have an imagination! I can still make pictures in my head of places I've never been!
The bad news? It's a load of crap, so far, and doesn't carry the emotional weight that it would if it were MY story happening. But I have to just get out of the way and type this dreadful thing, because I said I would. Bleah.

No comments: